MERS - Miscellaneous E Receipts System
· Object: To Receive Miscellaneous earnings / Revenue received from the customers such as Way leave Charges, Lease charges from State Govts, PSUs etc - Phase One
Click for Procedure order of MERS
· Registration would be through TAMS team at CRIS
· Railway Customers makes payment in two types. 1. Offline mode 2. Online mode
· Reconciliation shall be same as the current practice as per codal provisions.
· However, the DMS scrolls received by Zonal Railways would mention the unique transaction ID generated on the MERS portal for the transaction.
· Since money for an entire Zonal Railway would be received in the concerned PFA’s deposit account, credit for relevant Divisions shall be forwarded by the Hqrs Books Section may be through E-Recon.
1. Developed by CRIS
2. Used for Miscellaneous earnings / Revenue
3. Not for Passenger earnings/Revenue and for Freight earnings/Revenue
4. E challan at SBI only
5. Miscellaneous receipts under MERS for entire Zonal Railways – Received in PFA’s Deposit account at first instance. Later, the same is transferred to Divisions by Hqrs Books Section.
6. Payments can be made by Customers through offline or online mode.
7. Registration at two levels in Railways - one at Supervisory level and another is Officer level.
8. Link accessed through TAMS of AIMS portal
9. CRIS stands for Centre for Railway Information Systems
10. MERS stands for Miscellaneous E Receipts System
11. TAMS stands for Traffic Accounts Management System
12. AIMS stands for Accounting Information Management System