· When materials are required during a contract period in excess of the quantities contracted for,
· And such excess is not sufficiently large to justify the invitation of fresh tenders,
· Then, increasing the quantities suitably under the existing contract is called Repeat Order.
· However, before placing repeat order, negotiations should be conducted with the supplier for securing the favourable terms.
· No such Repeat orders to be placed on previously accepted rates obtained on limited or single tenders. That means, Repeat orders to be placed only in case of open tenders.