Note: Since the ARPAN in Indian Railways is in progressive stage, candidates may usually ask the short notes question (5 marks)on it.
· Full form is “Advanced Railway Pension Access Network”
· In devanagari language, Arpan means “offering”
· Online virtual platform exclusively for Railway Pensioners.
· Website is www.arpan.railnet.gov.in . Developed by CMC ltd and nodal agency is FA&CAO/Western Railway.
· Won the second place in the e-governance award by Computer Society of India in the year 2015.
· The website is having access of information on pensioners account, DA rates, Codes, manuals, rules and regulations in connection with Pension.
· Each pensioner is given login id facility along with self-created password.
· Ultimately, this website is designed as ONE STOP SOLUTION for all the complaints/grievances for Railway Pensioners (approximately 15 lakh pensioners )