Vision: To achieve a simplified, responsive, effective and transparent working of all Government offices.
· Implement across the Governments, Central, State and district levels
· Paperless office
· Agency to dealt eOffice – NIC- National Informatic Centre, New Delhi
· Streamline workflows for both intra and inter government processes
· Built on Open Architecture. ( Open architecture is a type of software architecture intended to make adding, upgrading, and swapping components easy)
· Covered in 350 Departments (Indian Railways is one among them)
· It is a MMP –Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance programme of Government of India.
· Transparency - Files can be tracked and their status is known to all at all times
· Accountability – the responsibility of quality and speed of decision making is easier to monitor
· Data security and data integrity
· Releasing staff energy and time from unproductive procedures.
eOffice – Products
· Simplified, Accountable, Responsive, Effective, Transparent Electronic System
· Paperless office
2. KMS - Knowledge Management System
· Maintaining a central / single repository of Policies, Forms, Acts, Regulations, Circulars, Guidelines, Standards and Manuals – Where all Departments/ ministry users can access/view/search/share.
3. CAMS – Collaboration And Messaging Platform – to communicate effectively and share information and ideas in real time.
4. PIMS – Personnel Information Management System - workflow based system for maintaining the details of an employee i.e., identity, skill sets, contact details, posting & location, CGHS – Central Govt Health Services, Nomination, Service volume I & II, Loans, Salary details, HBA, Record verification details.
5. eLeave – simple intuitive workflow based system –
· apply the leave online, track the status of applied leave, details of leave taken and balance in leave account
· eliminate the paper based applications
· Approving authority can view the leave balance and also leave details prior to approving the leave.
6. SPARROW - Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window
· Electronic filing of APARs – Annual Performance Appraisal Reports by Officers – fills from anywhere, anytime as per their convenience.
· Apply and approve tour online, from anywhere, anytime
· Apply for, cancel, approve/reject and view tour records without any hassle and delay of going through the paper work.
· Complete trails of the employee’s tour and plans
eOffice – Indian Railways
· Shift from manual filing system to eOffice
· eOffice shall run on Railtel Network.
· Railtel, a miniratna PSU of Indian Railways - responsible for rollout the eOffice – Maintain the Application for five years after commissioning and ensure complete handholding session along with support for hardware/software
· Technical support & Execution at Zonal Raiways/Divisions by S& T Department.
· Based on CSMeOP – Central Secretariat Manual of e-Office Procedure.
· Giant leap forward to digitize and achieve greater efficiency and productive for Indian Railways
· Cloud enabled software ( where cloud-based and local components work together – accessed through a web browser with a continual internet connection)
· Guntur Division in SCR – First Division in Indian Railways to rollout the eOffice