Click below for official website of RITES
· Incorporated in the year 1974 as a Public limited company under the Companies Act, 1956
· Full form : Rail India Technical & Economic Service
· A Government of India Enterprise under the aegis of Indian Railways. Hqrs: Gurgaon, Haryana
· Multidisciplinary organization of Consultants, Engineers and Project Managers in transport & infrastructure sectors.
· Offers comprehensive services from concept to commissioning of projects in Railways, Urban transport, Highways, bridges, renewable energy and export packages of rolling stock and railway related equipment.
· RITES is the nominated agency of Indian Railways for export of rolling stock manufactured at the Production Units of Indian Railways.
· A Mini Ratna Enterprise, Schedule A, an ISO 9001-2008 company
· Operational experience of 43 years
· Global presence -- extended its services in nearly 62 countries
· Only export arm of Indian Railways for providing rolling stock overseas (other than Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia).
· Integrated Check Posts - RITES has completed these Posts at the borders of neighbouring countries in a first of its kind project in India. These are the world-class facilities for passenger & cargo movement in similar to Airports. Examples: Attari check post on India-Pakistan border, Petropole check post on Indo-Bangladesh border, Agartala check post on Indo-Myanmar border.
· SAIL RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Pvt. Ltd - Joint venture of RITES & SAIL - with the object of setting up of State-of-the-art Wagon factory at Kulti, West Bengal - Assured off-take by Indian Railways for manufacture of 1200 high end specialized wagons and rehabilitation of 300 wagons per year.
· Financials -2016-17
v Profit after tax - 331 Crores
v Rs.10.34 lakhs - Profit per employee (Total employees -3200)
v Total Income 1509 Crores
v Share Capital -200 Crores
v Profit after tax to Share Capital - 166 %