Test Balance Sheet
2016 Station Accounts without books -5 marks
· Prepared in the Proforma Appendix XIII/Commercial Manual.
· The TIAs should prepare Test Balance Sheet in respect of both coaching and goods traffic ( at the time of Inspection of Stations) and submit to the Accounts Officer along with their inspection reports.
· Debit Side : 1) Closing Balance of previous month 2) The 'To-pay' way-bills for parcels and Motor cars eetc received during the current month to date 3) Any special items
· Credit Side: 1) The collections on account of inward parcels and motor-cars, etc 2) any special credits 3) the outstanding on date.
· The test balance for the closing period of the month should be made as soon as the returns are closed.
· The outstanding being detailed on the reverse of the Balance sheet.