· Transfers are three kinds:
1. Own request transfer
2. Mutual exchange Transfer
3. Administrative grounds transfer
· Own request transfer is also called one side transfer.
· 5 years service is required for own request transfer.
· Seniority is assigned at the bottom of all permanent and temporary employees in the new division/Railway.
· Five years condition is not applicable for:
o Transfer on Spouse ground,
o Transfer on account of having disabled child,
o Transfer of Physically Handicapped employee,
o Transfer of widow appointed on Compassionate Grounds and
o Transfer on mutual exchange.
· Priority register should be maintained.
· Request for transfer is considered in recruitment grade only.
· Should fulfill all educational and technical qualification prescribed for direct recruitment to that post.
· Request transfer is not admissible in intermediate grade.
· Mutual Exchange transfer is permitted in the same grade.
· In the new unit senior employee will take the seniority position of junior employee and junior employee will retain his seniority position.
· Mutual exchange in recruitment grade is permissible between SC & SC, ST&ST, UR/OBC & OBC/UR with the same required qualification.
· For mutual transfer in recruitment grade is permissible only between Direct Recruits.
· Administrative ground transfer is ordered in the public interest. Employee will not lose his/her seniority in new unit.
MCQ key points
1. 5 years service - required for Own Transfer. However certain exemptions are there.
2. Transfers are 3 Kinds. A. Own request B. Mutual exchange C. Administrative grounds