· CORAS full form is “COmmandos for RAilway Security”
· Separate Commando unit - planned in RPF – Railway Protection Force in Indian Railways
· CORAS team – will be provided best, most modern equipment and world class training.
· Proposed new state of art Commando Training Centre - at Jagadhri, Haryana
· Head of RPF – Director General (at Railway Board)
· Selection of Commandos:
ü Motivated and willing young staff of RPF/RPSF
ü Average age between 30 to 35 years. It is always young team.
ü High physical standards
ü Will be given training in reputed institutions and capable of meeting any precarious situation.
Study material for MCQ – Multiple Choice Questions
v CORAS full form “COmmandos for RAilway Security”
v Proposed Commando Training Centre at Jagadhri, Haryana
v Head of RPF is Director General
v Zonal Railway Head of RPF - PCSC – Principal Chief Security Commissioner
v RPF full form is “Railway Protection Force”
v RPSF full form is “Railway Protection Special Force”
v RPSF – A Reserve force on the battalion pattern.
v CTI (Centralized Training Institute) for RPF Dept - The Jag Jivan Ram Railway Protection Force Academy, Lucknow. Headed by Director (Rank of Inspector General)
v JJRPF Academy - Jag Jivan Ram Railway Protection Force Academy
v RPF Act - 1957
v Railway Protection Force Rules – 1987
v Breeding cum Training Center for RPF Dogs – Podanur, Palghat Division, Southern Railway (This institute is the only institute in the RPF which coordinates training related to Disaster Management.
v Central Arms Repair Shop(CARS) - Dahod Workshop, Western Railway