Sunday, June 30, 2019
Monday, December 10, 2018
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
· Constituted by Railway Board on 09.03.2017.
· During the last 14 months (from 2017 Oct to 2018 Nov) - Nearly 170 Circulars are issued. That means, On an average 12 circulars are being issued every month or 3 circulars every week ,which is remarkable.
· PED - Principal Executive Director is in charge of the Transformation Cell. Under him 8 Nodal Executive Directors work, drawn from different disciplines like Traffic, Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, S&T, Personnel, Accounts ,etc.
· It hires young professionals — MBAs, BTechs, CAs — from the private sector to assist.
· It overrides all the other existing Directorates for issuing the orders/circulars duly taking the approval of CRB and other related Member.
· Mandated with the implementation of 55 new ideas.
· Story behind formation: Railways had crowd sourced ideas of reformation ,from its 13 lakh employees and has received 1.5 lakh suggestions on issues regarding cleanliness, improving passenger amenities, safety of the railway employees, increasing earnings from freight and processing of making journey in Indian railways a pleasant experience for its 23 million passengers .
· To infuse new ideas and adopt latest technologies that can bring a change in the working of railways, the Indian Railways is in the process of creating a new Transformation Directorate which works to implement the suggestions made during Rail Vikas Shivir which was attended by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in November 2016.
· During the last two years, four directorates have been created to look into specific areas. These include ,non fare revenue, mobility, environment and heritage.
· Improving financial health of the railways and providing world class amenities to passengers are the top most agendas of the Government. The ministry has been having regular meetings with Niti Aayog to carry out reforms in Indian Railways.
· Achievements so far:
1. Model SOP - in delegation of more powers to DRMs and other branch officers.
2. Uniformity of provisions in Works, Earnings & Services contracts
3. New GCC
4. Re engagement of retired staff and officers
5. Miscellaneous matters