§ Full form: Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation
§ Incorporated on 27th September, 1999 (incidentally, World Tourism day falls on 27th September)
§ Hqrs: New Delhi
§ Zonal Offices - 5 ( New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai & Secunderabad)
§ Regional Offices - 10 ( Lucknow, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Bhopal, Ahmadabad, Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar, Patna, Ernakulam & Bangalore)
§ Internet Ticketing Office - New Delhi
§ Tourism Office - New Delhi
§ Mini Ratna (Category 1) CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprise)
§ Extended arm of Indian Railways in the areas of Internet ticketing, catering, tourism
1. Global Reservation System
2. Professionalization of Catering & Hospitality services
3. Development of Budget Hotels
4. Special Tourism packages.
§ IRCTC is the fourth railway company to be listed on the bourses after RITES, Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd and IRCON International Ltd.
§ The initial public offering (IPO) of ₹645 crore concluded in October, 2019.
§ Subscribed 112 times at a price band of ₹315-320 per share (Face Value is Rs. 10), making it the most successful share sale since January 2018.
§ IRCTC stock price as on 06.11.2022 is Rs. 671 /-
§ The government now owns 87.4% stake in the railway tourism company.
§ Started in the year 2002 with i-Ticket. Later, e-Ticket was introduced in the year 2005
2021-22 year data - No of Tickets Sold
§ IRCTC Mobile App - Approximately 10 Crores Users
§ IRCTC's share in Total Train Reserved Tickets - 70 %. Hope the share will climb up to 95 % in coming years.
§ New initiatives in Ticketing sector.
1. Waitlist confirmation prediction facility
2. Facility of Book now pay later (after 15 days)
3. Train Vacant Seat chart module - to view complete information of vacant, booked and partially booked berths in a train reservation chart
Catering & Hospitality
· One of the largest hospitality & catering companies of the country.
· Covering Passenger trains, Railway Stations etc.
· On board catering services - 480 trains (incl: Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Gatiman, Vande Bharat & Tejas)
· TSV - Train Side Vending services in Trains which do not have pantry car provision.
· Catering Policy 2017 - Divides Catering business into " Meal Production" and " Meal Distribution".
· Executive Lounges at important stations with facilities of reclining sofa, buffet service, wi-fi, shower like in Airports with nominal charges.
· E- Catering facility - Order online.
· Live streaming of 43 Base Kitchens. click for New Delhi Base kitchen
Travel & Tourism
· Rail tour packages - Runs 70 Rail tours
· Special Tourist trains - Bharat Darshan, Aastha circuit
· Buddhist circuit train
· Majestic tourist train - to cover important destinations in Rajasthan
· Maharajas' Express - The best luxury train in the World (for 2 people - 4 days journey covered Agra & Jaipur costs Rs. 6 Lakhs approx) click for more information
Public can book Trains, coaches and saloons exclusively for any event/function through online.
· Retiring Rooms - Major Railway Stations
· Budget Hotels - Rail Yatri Niwas at New Delhi and Howrah. BNR(Bengal Nagpur Railway - old name of South East Railway) Hotels at Puri & Ranchi.
· Air ticketing through IRCTC website.
Rail Neer Plants
· Branded packaging water "Rail Neer" for Rail commuters
· 11 operational Rail Neer plants.