Single Tender in Works Contracts
· Sources: 1214-A of Engineering Code (Railway Board letter no. 97/CE.I/CT/32 dated 19.01.2000)
· Awarded under the following situations:
1. Accidents, breaches involving dislocation to traffic.
2. Works of specialized nature (subject to personal approval of GM/CAO(C) with prior concurrence of FA&CAO/PFA(C) . For works of specialized nature pertaining to Open line, personal approval of GM is required with prior concurrence of FA&CAO.
3. Any other situation, inescapable to call for single Tenders /single quotation subject to GM's Personal Sanction with PFA's concurrence.
4. AMC - Annual Maintenance Contract for equipment incl: small track machines on OEMs - Original Equipment Manufacturers / Authorised dealers of OEMs with AGM's approval.
5. Works pertaining to doubling, Traffic facility, New lines, gauge conversion and railway electrification projects, which are targeted for completion in the current financial year subject to:
A. CAO/C & CAO/RE - Up to Rs. 5 Crores
B. Personal concurrence of FA&CAO/C
C. Tender Committee should be at least at SAG Level
D. As per instructions of Railway Board for specific financial year.
Note: These powers may be delegated by GMs in consultation with PFA to PHODs/DRMs up to a maximum of Rs. 5 Lakhs per item per annum. On re-delegation, these powers would be exercised by PHODs/DRMs in consultation with associate finance.
· The Tender Committee composition and the accepting authority should be at least one step higher than the members nominated in case of Open Tenders/Limited Tenders except where G.M. is the accepting authority.
· The following points are to be bear in mind before resorting the Single Tender:
1. It is in the public interest.
2. The Demand is urgent.
3. No other suitable contractor is available to execute the work.
4. Reasons should be recorded as to why single Tender is being resorted to in preference to limited Tenders.
5. To be operated in times of cyclone, floods, accidents, sabotage, enemy action, explosions, cases of extreme urgency such as works or supplies necessary to safeguard life or property or repair damage to track caused by flood breaches, washaways, accidents or other unforeseen contingency so as to maintain through communication.
6. Lighting, transhipment, hiring of plant, machinery, and equipment (including communication equipment) in cases listed above under item No. 5.
7. Report to GM is necessary for incorporating it in the annexure to the PCDO
8. The discretion to classify any item of work as one of extreme urgency for the purpose should be exercised personally by the DRMs.