Duties of I.S.A - Inspector of Stores Accounts
1. To supervise the work of ASV’s working under his control.
2. To distribute the work evenly among the ASV’s under his control in such a way, to complete the stock verification of stores , T & P in due time.
3. To make surprise visits to ensure that the ASV’s are actually employed on the duties on which they have been deputed.
4. To test check the works done by ASV’s wherever considered necessary and furnish Test check report to the Stores Accounts Officer.
5. To submit Weekly Periodical report to the Stores Accounts Officer of progress made by each ASV.
6. To attend Auctions where necessary.
7. Disposal of stock sheets at the earliest and report on the action taken to Stores Accounts Officer.
8. To overhaul the depot numerical ledgers and accounts of the after completion of Stock verification to see that:
A. They are maintained in proper order.
B. They are no unattested corrections or over-written figures in the ledgers and accounts.
C. Find out any non moving stocks (if any) and bring to the notice of Executives for their disposal.
D. Investigate the reasons for huge differences between the ground balance and ledger balance of stock items found out during actual stock verification.