Vande Bharat - TRAIN 18
400 Vande Bharat Trains will introduced in the next 3 years (2022-25)
· Semi High speed Intercity train
· Engine less train. That means Train 18 driven by a self-propulsion module sans/without a separate locomotive.
· Rather than being pulled by a locomotive, 'Train 18' sets are powered by traction motors fitted underneath each coach to render them self-propelled, just like metro trains.
· Compact set/ pack of 18 coaches. Coaches cannot be separated like in regular trains.
· The train has 16 Passenger cars. Driver coach on both ends.
· Developed by ICF, Chennai. MCF- Modern Coach Factory, Rae Bareli will also manufacture Train 18 in the coming days.
· Speed - 160 kmph
· Fully AC Train
· Estimated cost - Rs. 100 Crores
· Automatic doors like in Metro train.
· Footstep in a coach's doorway slides outward only when the train stops at a station.
· First train18 set is named as "Vande Bharat Express" and plying between New Delhi and Varanasi.
· Regenerative braking system - 30% savings in Electricity.