Heritage Rolling Stock
· Source: Indian Railways Rolling Stock Code Chapter 7 Para No.734
· The following are the Heritage Rolling stock
1. All types of Steam locomotives
2. All Narrow Gauge coaches
3. Wooden body/Saloons/special coaches of All Gauges.
4. Oldest of a particular kind/class/special purpose Rolling stock
5. Rolling stock of over 100 years old.
6. Rolling stock identified/selected to be of special significance
Sale of Heritage Rolling Stock
· By Heritage Directorate of Railway Board only
· Offered for sale to other Govt/Quasi Govt, Private institutions/individuals in the country as well as abroad, if it is not required by the Railways.
· Sale to educational institutions/museums/Govt bodies/Trusts – 50% of the scrap value without adding overhead charges, profit and antique value. – applicable for sale within the Country.
· Waival in sale price - in specific cases by the Competent Authority in consultation with associate finance.
· Sale to private rail-road companies /Institutions/Trusts/Individuals shall be made at full scrap value without adding overhead charges, profit and antique value.
· Special relaxation or discount shall be offered in deserving cases by the competent authority in consultation with Associate Finance.
· In all cases, the cost of transportation/restoration shall be borne by the purchaser in full.
· All cases of sale to parties abroad shall be referred to Railway Board for a decision.