· Source: 1203E, 1208E, 1209E
· Meaning: Works of ordinary repairs & maintenance, petty nature works of a particular zone ( Like SCR) or Area ((say Secunderabad)
· Piece work contract is adopted for Zone works. Only unit rates fixed, without reference either to total quantity of work/material supplied.
· Advantageous to allot all minor works & all works of repairs & maintenance in a particular zone for a definite period to one Contractor.
Works under Zone Contracts - (Revenue only)
1. Additions/alterations to the existing structures, special repair works, supply of building materials - But each work / Work order not exceeding Rs.5 Lakhs.
2. All ordinary repairs & maintenance works
3. Supply of materials. e.g., bricks, lime, sand etc which are likely to be required in a Zone during the year.
· Period – one year- Normally 1st July to 30th June.
· Period may be extended more than a year with the concurrence of Accounts, if it is advantageous to Railways.
· Ensure all works of old contract are completed by 30th June.